1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CIA torture report

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bigpern23, Dec 10, 2014.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'm sickened but not surprised by the cold, hard, undisputed facts that were revealed in the report.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

First let me say ( as required by anyone discussing) that the entire process was reprehensible and
    I am sickened , etc, etc but why were you surprised not to see this thread topic?

Were you not aware that there is a ban on political discussion? Clearly this falls into that category.
    Ban has been on for a while and new ownership has made it clear that they are embracing that
    decision.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I see political threads every day on this site.

4. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

As a nation, we should examine what was done during the interrogations and the legal justifications for them, along with the abuses that went beyond what was approved.

But that should be a bipartisan task. The release of a Democratic report, contrasted by a GOP counter-report and another one from the CIA, is a reflection of how poorly the representatives of our system of government fulfill their responsibilities.

These folks need to stop lap-dancing their political supporters at least long enough to address a few of the serious issues facing our nation. Instead, they'll probably be content with the money that continues to be shoved into their crotches.

5. Boom_70

Links please?

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Who does own this site, anyway? Is it a big secret? For all I know I'm contributing to the Unification Church.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

On this site, "political" is defined as any discussion in which the words/phrases "Democrat," "Republican," "Obama" or "Salary Floor" appear. The following words/phrases are not indicative of political discussion:

Teabagger
    Corporacrat
    Plutocrat
    Don't-wanna-pay-taxes-for-nothing
    Leftist
    The Left
    Corporate Overlords
    Race to the Bottom
    Teachers' Union
    Kochsuckers
    Ryan Braun

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Jeff -- no last name: http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/posts/3846418/

9. Boom_70

Jeff owns the site.

See link and his thoughts on politics:

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/posts/3846619/

"My general observation from other communities is that political discussions often result in a more abrasive and argumentative community culture, which is the opposite of what I'd like to foster.

So I fully support the mods current policy that politics as a topic are not allowed on the board. "

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

From Jeff's introduction:

A little about me--I'm not a big company and I have no employees, I'm just a quiet guy with a wife and a two-month old daughter working out of our guest bedroom. This is my second forum, so I'm still getting my feet wet as a forum owner/admin

The guy is totally in violation of child-labor laws here. He also appears severely apostrophe-challenged.

And he was in charge of the Redskins' Facebook site once upon a time. So no more bashing Dan Snyder, you anti-Semitic sons of bitches.

12. Boom_70

Draft saved Draft deleted