1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Church announces pastor is marrying his daughter-in-law

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bob Cook, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

That's what I thought too.

2. printdust

printdust New Member

There is a special place in Hell for these people.

3. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

What are the odds they're against gay marriage because it threatens the sanctity of marriage?

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Oh, I'm certain that's the case.

There's been another church around here kinda like that. Only, once some 50-something year old minister's wife died, about a week or so later he decide he's going to marry some 18-or-19-year-old girl. This guy is loaded, to the point he has his own racing team which he claims he uses to help spread the Lord's word. He spreads it so well he's dividing family after family apart with his snake oil.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yup, and I'm not dismissing her failing in this. I just think what the father did is worse. To me, among the few things worse than betraying a spouse is betraying your own child.

6. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Daughter-in-law, do you mean, or Mindy?

Wonder what the divorcee/new bride's parents think.

7. BRoth

BRoth Member

This will certainly make for some interesting post-coital conversations.

"Wow, that's not how your son does that."

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I was gonna make a joke, but this is just too sickening. If I were the son, I think I would be really, really tempted to go all Post Traumatic Stress on dear old dad.

9. In the movie, Dufresne quoted from other bible passages to the Warden.

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

This.

And THIS is why I have a major problem with the Church. Not that all priests do shit like this, but that they have people who do shit like this and then have the nerve to pretend they have any moral authority whatsoever.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

When I interviewed at the Hillsdale paper (years ago), they talked this story up for like an hour.

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I can't even fathom how someone could do that to their child. And while on military duty? This guy's definitely got an express train ticket to hell.

Would guess the Thanksgiving and Christmas get togethers will be a little icy....

Draft saved Draft deleted