1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chunks of ice falling off CN Tower - Toronto freeway shut down

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double J, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Just saw a report on this wreck on Global. Bad, bad stuff. That stretch between Barrie and Parry Sound is awful at this time of the year. And I'm heading through there Friday....

2. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

I had to drive through there twice in the late fall/early winter and it's AWFUL. I can't wait until that stretch is four lanes all the way, which is the plan.

As for which part of the province is getting pounded right now? Everything west and north of the Big Smoke.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

We're hunkered down, not going anywhere. The kids had a snow day on Friday, a snow day today and could very well be home tomorrow as well. The wind chill is supposed to drop to -41 overnight.

On a tragic note, we learned today that my wife's dentist was killed in a weather-related crash near Shelburne. :'(

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Screw them. No one lives up there anyway.

We need the money for more subway lines. :)

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about that Double J. That's horrible.

Amazing when you think about it. An hour north of Toronto and it's a completely different weather universe.

Enjoy being stormstayed with the kids.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

A balmy 21ºC here in the Dirrty South, mateys.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Tough news, JJ. I've seen some blinding whiteouts in that area, another bad-weather spot....

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

I think JJ Riccardi just signed the 150-foot chunk of ice. It's expected to be the Jays' no. 3 starter.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, if they open the roof of the Rogers Centrre, the chunk can drop straight in.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

John Gibbons just challenged the 150-foot chunk of ice to a fight.

The 150-foot chunk of ice is also mad the Blue Jays didn't congratulate him on the birth of his glacier.

More details on this story as it develops.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Actually, Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment just bought it and plans to install it in the Air Canada Centre. It's been tested and found to be in far better shape than what the Leafs are currently skating on.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

"The ship is sinking," the chuck of ice told his fellow bergs. "Play for yourselves."

Draft saved Draft deleted