1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chuck - Season 3

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by billikens, Jan 6, 2010.

1. billikens

billikens Member

Totally agree with the above sentiments that the original season finale would have been a great way to end the season. Or series. I've enjoyed the last few weeks, but they do feel like they were tacked on. Like this will end up being a mini-season.

But for those four of us who are still enjoying it, there's more Chuck coming next year too. NBC picked it up for a 13-episode run in the fall. I'm about as big a fan of Chuck as there is, but, realistically, I've got to believe this will be it.

2. BRoth

BRoth Member

For this kind of show, four seasons is pretty good. Hopefully they'll tailor next season to wrap everything up.

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's great news. Honestly, how many more plotlines can they do, anyway? One more season will be good.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I'm pretty OK with 13 final episodes. He got the girl, he got his buddy a job, he got Casey his job back, etc.

The show could have taken a slightly darker turn in Season 2, but chose not to. I thought they should have moved away from the Buy More and maybe even killed off Casey or Sarah. Because they didn't want to make it that kind of show, there really wasn't much to progress to other than the Sarah storyline. While funny and sweet and occasionally Awesome, I think that they have basically been running in place this year and the Ring storyline makes as little sense as the Fulcrum stuff.

5. Bringing this back to see what people thought of the two-hour season finale. This season had it's misses, but far more hits to offset it. And I thought the season finale was really well done.

6. BRoth

BRoth Member

Enjoyed it a lot. I felt that the last few scenes affirmed what we mentioned on this thread, though. Spend next season being a "civilian" and tracking down the family, live happily ever after. Hopefully the writers can send it out on a good note.

7. billikens

billikens Member

I thought the first hour was incredible. Maybe the best hour of the season (although I've said that about 10 times this season). Second hour was still great, although not quite as. They kind of left the Shaw character up in the air. Assuming Superman isn't busy next year, I'm guessing we'll see him again.

I thought it would have been interesting to have season 4 with the Ring infiltrating/taking over the CIA and Chuck&gang as outlaws. Still, I like the new direction. I just sincerely hope the writers spend the next 13 episodes preparing for the end. I like closure and would hate for the season to end on a cliff hanger (would have been disappointed if this had been the series finale).I just don't see any scenario that the show is extended past the 13 NBC has signed up for.

8. I agree, I thought a better ending would have been with the Ring taking over the CIA, Group Bartowski on the run as outlaws and Gen. Beckman taken hostage. Killing off Scott Bakula as Chuck's dad seems a waste. The eps are so much better when he's in them.

9. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Maybe he'll come back as a specter, like Obi-Wan Kenobi.
    Just a thought!

10. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Actually if he built himself into the intersect, that could happen.

11. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I love this show, and I loved the finale. I spent most of the last 2 months catching up, just in time to be ready for the finale.

I just sit there with a smile on my face the whole time. Great show.

It would have been cool to see Chuck on the run for a season, then do the family stuff in a fifth season, but if they can't get to a fifth season, they can't get there. I'll enjoy the hell out of whatever the do produce, I'm sure.

12. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I dug the finale, but I can't say I would've liked seeing Chuck and Co. on the run. It seems like a little too dark of a turn for this show. Not sure if there would've been a way for them all to be hunted and still be as funny as the show is week-to-week, and that's what I love about Chuck, the combination of comedy and action/drama.

Draft saved Draft deleted