1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chuck - Season 3

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by billikens, Jan 6, 2010.

1. billikens

billikens Member

My favorite show since season 2 of the Office is back on NBC this Sunday (9/8 central) with a two-hour season premier. It returns to it's regular time the next night, Monday, at 8/7 central on NBC. The fact that it even made it to season 3 is pretty incredible, but for the first time since it aired, NBC is really pushing it, hoping to capitalize on the groundswell of Internet support it received at the end of last season.

Chuck makes Mondays more fun.

If you watch, she will appreciate it. (should be SFW)
    http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/6400000/Best-Life-magazine-yvonne-strahovski-6481401-423-500.jpg

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I love Chuck. It is such a fun show. I'm glad its back.

3. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

For those folks who might want to check the show out, but don't know where to start, and have no intention of watching what will undoubtedly be an incredibly boring BCS Title Game tomorrow night, never fear: SyFy is running an eight-episode marathon starting at 5PM. All episodes from season two, handpicked by executive producers Chris Fedak and Josh Schwartz. Well worth your time, promise.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Watched the first of the 2 episodes last night. It's a great show and they did a decent job moving the plot along.

A little surprise that Emmett bit the dust -- a little more bloody then they usually go on the show.

5. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

I liked the episodes too, and was surprised that Emmett died.

One concern I had going into the year is that they wrote away all the conflict in the show -- Chuck now had superpowers and got the girl. They did a nice job of writing in new limitations for him, as well as muddying up the relationship again, to keep it interesting.

6. billikens

billikens Member

Thoroughly enjoyed tonight's episode. It's a shame they can't use everyone every episode (no Ellie/Awesome in one episode last night, no Buy More tonight), but maybe it will allow for a more focused story line each week.

They've done a nice job taking Awesome from background filler to an interesting character.

7. Really liked tonight's episode. A lot of people are kind of circling around Chuck's secret now, and Chuck becoming more of a "real" spy is more interesting than I thought it would be.

8. Webster

The show has been very strong this season. Not quite sure where they are going with the love quadrangle and is Hannah a spy?

9. billikens

billikens Member

Agreed. Turning Chuck into a real spy was the natural progression, but it's been some strong writing this season.

And as they discussed developing an asset (natural meeting, make it feel like the asset's in control, etc.) it felt like they were describing Hannah using Chuck.

This remains my only true "must see" show of the week.

10. Webster

Exactly -- I thought that they were beating us over the head with this a little.

11. billikens

billikens Member

Digging up the old thread to say last night's was my favorite of the season.

I'm accepting this will never have mass appeal, and that it can get a little cartoonish at times, but it's a shame it continues to come in fourth place every week on Monday nights. Fantastic stuff week in, week out.

12. statrat

statrat Member

I concur. May have been one of my favorites of the whole series. I think the writers pretty much know the show is doomed and are cranking up some good stories for the back half of the season.

Draft saved Draft deleted