1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chuck Noll - Gone and Forgotten

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 18, 2011.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Nobody is disputing the fact that team abused steroids heavily. Steve Courson blew that whistle long ago. I just said people are kidding themselves if they think it was just one team that was reaping the benefits of better football through chemistry at that time.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Well let's see --

If the Steelers win Sunday, I get two more weeks of a town full of yinzer morons like OOP slobbering all over themselves and two more weeks of that fucking blackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellow song on every station every damn minute of every day. Absolutely not this although.....

If the Jets win we get two more weeks of that jackass Rex Ryan, two more weeks of the slobberfest about the Jets, the Joe Namath shit, the fact that I fucking hate that team. Absolutely not this.

I suppose if I have to choose, I'd say this: At least I don't live around Jets fans and won't be pounded with it for 24 hours a day so if I have to pick between the two I'd say this is a little better than the alternative, but not by much.

If the Packers win Sunday, we get to hear about the frozen tundra and all that crap. I can live with that given the alternatives, but it could get annoying real fast.

If the Bears win Sunday, I get the world according to YBGFM and RickStain, not too mention a slobberfest about Jay Cutler, who still sucks, by the way. Absolutely not this.

So Packers-Jets would be the last nauseating of the choices, at least for me, but no matter what happens, I won't exactly enjoy the next two weeks.

As long as the Packers win it all, I don't really care. I can live with that.

I can't live with Rex Ryan as champ, I can't live with No. 7 delivers No. 7 and blackandyellowblackandyellow and I can't live with Cutler as champ, either.

3. outofplace

I do so love when he contradicts himself.

4. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

Yes, this is a huge point...3 coaches in your franchise history that dates back to what 1969? That's incredible. They've made some great choices and allowed those coaches to do their work. Owners would be smart to copy this formula in a copy-cat league. Anymore, you miss the playoffs you're out. Crazy.

The John Fox situation in Carolina was a joke...they dismantle the team entirely, then fire the coach when he can't win more than a handful of games. Happy to see he landed in Denver (Broncos fan here).

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm shocked it took the anti-Steelers trolls so long to hit this thread.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Inky - you must have had a bad experience with trolls in your childhood. It seems like everyone who has a position counter to your beliefs is a troll.

Overall this has been a pretty interesting thread with some good points made about Noll. Surely a Steeler fan like yourself must have some thoughts on Noll.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yeah, it has been a good thread. It's a shame the usual suspects had to bring their crap to it.

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Ahhh, the joys of not living there, I've never even heard this song of which you speak.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I don't see players from the '70s Vikings dropping like flies.

10. outofplace

The Vikings don't have the Steelers shamefull history of mistreating concussions, which were also an issue in many of those cases.

11. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Well see, that is just not fair.

I mean, why should those of us living in this yinzer town be the only people sentenced to this kind of misery.....

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Good story on Chuck Noll by Joe Starkey:

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/columnists/s_721092.html

Reading through the lines since quotes were from Nolls wife it does not sound like he is doing well. Sad.

Draft saved Draft deleted