1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chuck E's In Jail

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Feb 3, 2008.

1. http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/newsnow/2008/01/brawl_breaks_out_at_chuck_e_ch_1.html

As a veteran of far too many toddler parties at the House Of Chuck, I'm amazed more people aren't driven to violence there.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Wouldn't a Chuck E Cheese in Flint be kinda like having Disney World in Tikrit?

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Sumthin like that

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

More like The Rascal House, of Miami, Boca Raton and Tehran

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

That's a great thread title. I immediately started hearing Ricki Lee Jones (whatever happened to her, anyway?) singing that over that relaxed groove...

6. They have a liquor license??

Really? Why the fuck does a Chuck E Cheese serve liquor?

We go to our local one at least once a month, especially if it's cold or rainy outside. It's a bigger bargain than most of the other fun parks - which can charge $2 a game. The secret is not to eat there, because the food is overpriced. My daughter and I get a coupon for 100 tokens for $10 and then we play games for the next two hours.

The other part is knowing when to go. Friday and Saturday nights are not good times to go. There's some scurrilous people there. I swear some folks just drop their 6-year-olds off while they go out for a while. Sometimes I'll have these kids begging me for coins. I once caught another taking coins out my daughter's cup when we were playing a game together.

Why you would give parents alcohol at what is supposed to be a fun place for kids is beyond me.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I'm kind of disappointed that the cops didn't spray pepperoni.

8. Thanks, Huggy.
    I was beginning to despair of my colleagues here.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It's a Ghetto Chuck E Cheese.

Coming to a Chuck E Cheese near you?
    [​IMG]

10. I was so hoping that someone would play the race card.
    Really, I was.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Ah, it's Yab. What would we do without his bigoted stupidity?

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

The place in my hometown always had a two beer max. Growing up, I didn't think much about that. I mean, who the hell wants a beer at such a great place, right? Then as I grew older and watched my younger brother and older, mentally-handicapped sister running around like rats on a sinking ship, I understood a little bit.

Draft saved Draft deleted