1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chuck E. Cheese: More fights than a sailor bar in Norfolk

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Dec 9, 2008.

1. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

She's seven. Heck, she even jokes about it now. And for the record, she usually breaks me down on most things, except CEC.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

Give it up. Make your kid smile. You will feel better for it. Trust me.

3. expendable

You know, I really don't think she wants to go anymore. She's been a couple of times since. Just not with me. She's never been a fan of kid food. She's not a big fan of fast food, and if given the choice now, I think she'd pick something like The Olive Garden. Her palate is very diverse for someone who is seven.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I did a lot of shit with my kids when they were younger. Chuck E. Cheese is something I steadfastly refused to do after one visit. I can't think of one thing about the joint that doesn't blow.
    You do your kids no favors taking them there. Take them to a crack house and I'd be more likely to approve.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Second that motion.

As a parent you're under no obligation to do something just because your kids just saw a TV commercial.

7. expendable

According to the article, there seems to be less need for the authorities to get involved at the crack house.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

And isn't a crack house a community endeavor?

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Can you actually place a number on the entertainment value of families brawling, mothers catfighting and kids crying over shitty pizza and seizure-inducing games?

So does the kid at the door checking for pedophiles and abducted children vacate his or her post do break up kumate?

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Donkey well?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

12. I Digress

I Digress Guest

CEC is good during school hours, by good, I mean calm and mostly empty. The one we've been to doesn't serve alcohol, which has to help.

Draft saved Draft deleted