1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chuck Culpepper on Frosty Westering

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by micropolitan guy, Apr 22, 2013.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Outstanding story by Chuck Culpepper on the late Pacific Lutheran University football coach Frosty Westering. His death received passing mention in a thread in the Sports and News last week. He and Ad Rutschman of Linfield, another guy who didn't do it by the books, were coaching icons in the Northwest.

Anyhow, outstanding writing by an outstanding writer (and I good guy who I had a passing acquaintance with when he worked in PDX).

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/44702352

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'd read anything Chuck wrote. That was great.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Very classy, elegant and detailed obit.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

What a great column.
    And what a great subject.

5. Outstanding. Wish there were more coaches like Frosty and more writers like Chuck.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Saw his team play once. PLU came back from a seemingly impossible deficit. Flea-flickers, on-side kicks, blocked field goals. The team I was rooting for lost, but I left that game with a huge smile on my face. One of the best college games I'd ever seen. The guy was magic.

Draft saved Draft deleted