1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chuck Berry falls ill at show

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NoOneLikesUs, Jan 2, 2011.

1. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Someone I know saw Berry on New Year's Eve at BB King's in NYC and sid he was great.
    But 2 shows in New York one day and another in Chicago the next night might be a little too much for an 84-year-old
  3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Should've had cousin Marvin and his band, the Starlighters, play the second gig.
  4. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I cannot fathom a world in which I'd pay to see an 84-year-old perform.

Good for him in doing it, though. Hope he recovers.
  5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

BTW, if spnited comes out and calls you old...

man, you're old!

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

America's Troubador . .. though notorious for picking up the cheapest possible backup band he can scrape together, at each stop.
  7. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Major creative force and rock 'n' roll pioneer....and one of the most profoundly fucked-up people on the planet.
  8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Berry should have the title Keith Richards has of being the person people are most mystified by the continued survival of.
  9. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

He is still alive? Who does he think he is, Abe Vigoda?
  10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The year -- 1973
    Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band are booked to open for Chuck Berry & Jerry Lee Lewis and get the "honor" of being Chuck's band for the night.
    Chuck wants to meet his backing band before the show and E Street bassist Garry Talent asks "which songs do you think we'll be playing tonight?"
    Chuck Berry's response with a sneer "I guess we'll be playing some Chuck Berry songs"
  11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Mr. Bank. Do you know what Chuck Berry said every night before counting one two three four?

What did he say?

Pay me my money!
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Hope he's feeling better. Just read a fantastic Rolling Stone article about him last night. Very interesting dude.
Draft saved Draft deleted