1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christmas with the 'Beat clan

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Dec 22, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I would kindly ask those here--those that I have met away from the board and those who are cyberspace friends--to fucking shoot me in the head if I ever talk about visiting my parents for another holiday.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Didn't you say this a month ago?

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Yep. It's like clockwork. There's a holiday, and there's HB realizing again that he hates who he's related too :D

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Yeah. Clearly, I'm stupid and don't learn from previous fuckups.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Any chance you could turn these family excursions into day trips? Take the early train down, take the late train home?

6. sportschick

Or find an excuse to go elsewhere, like to a grandmother's or Aunt's, where your parents won't be?

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I could see needing to visit the family, even wanting to bond with them on short trips. But shorten it to the point that you don't have to put up with too much malarkey.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Holiday family stories has always been the franchise of 21. Don't be fooled by the HB family Christmas. It's just a cheap knockoff.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

just think of it as more chapters for a great novel. you and 21 are well on your way to oprah's book club. ;) ;) ;)

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Well, I do have to admit, 21 writes better fiction that HB.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

HB,
    Next year, meet me in Mexico.

12. sportschick

If I lived close to enough to feel compelled to visit my biological father, I wouldn't be there for more than 3 hours, even if a blizzard started while I was there. I get where HB's coming from.

Draft saved Draft deleted