1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christmas story alert

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Dec 3, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

FUUUUUUDDDDDDDGGGGGGGEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Ovaltine? A crummy commercial?

Son of a bitch!

As an aside, I love how at the exact moment Randy is lifting up the lid to the toilet, they cut away to Mom pulling the lid off her boiling red cabbage on the stove.

3. One of my all-time favorites. I'm sure I've said it here before, but my dad did the same thing with me when I was 10 years old with a Red Ryder BB gun.

I still wonder if it was scripted ... I begged and begged my mom for one and she wouldn't let me, and she got "mad" at my dad on Christmas for getting it for me. I know I'll always wonder.

I have to work Christmas Eve and Christmas Day five hours away from family and friends this year. Christmas Story will definitely help me out.

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I triple DOG dare you!!

5. KG

KG Active Member

The Santa on a billboard near my house really does. Granted, I think it's a mistake, but it's funny.

6. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Uh ... Fra-gee-lee. That must be Italian!

7. KG

KG Active Member

[​IMG]

This isn't the actual one by my house, but it's the same picture. See the yellow eyes?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm guessing not. Dad probably did it over mom's objections. You could put your eye out with one of those things.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My dad bought my brother that gun. And he promptly put a bullet through the oven. And then the window of the front door. My brother hasn't seen the gun since.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Three things were always strange to me in an otherwise charming movie:

1. Why the Wizard of Oz and Disney characters in the Christmas parade (including the flying monkeys?).

2. Santa's helpers were pretty evil people. The chick, especially, could have been a matron on Cell Block D of a Russian woman's prison.

3. No one has an aunt demented enough to make them a pink bunny outfit for Christmas, and there's no mother demented enough to make her kid put them on. Just wouldn't happen.

11. The reason why I can only see out of my left eye now.

12. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

For some reason, I have never seen this movie.

It's not a matter of being contrarian or anything, I just haven't seen it. I guess I will one of these days, and probably like it.

Draft saved Draft deleted