1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christmas Present Idea Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jim Tom Pinch, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

Seeing that we all have friends/relatives/co-workers/significant others who are hard to buy for, I thought maybe an idea exchange for might be good. Post good ideas you have and people who are stumping you.

Could be a good sticky topic.

I'm giving my parents snow plow service for their difficult driveway for the year.

Struggling for ideas for my 27 year old younger sister and my 65 year old uncle.
  2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I spoke with my sister last night and told her I was sick of doing the gift-certificate cop out with her. She said, "Are you kidding me? Those are my favorite gifts." I've never been more proud to call her my sister.
  3. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Sifting through overstock.com isn't a bad idea. I spent about $100 last night on some things, get free shipping with it, and knocked out a good chunk of stuff for some people who I was shopping for.
  5. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

A lot of sites are offering free shipping with purchases over certain amounts. I bought some stuff off a couple of different sites expecting some sort of snail mail shipping like the free "SuperSaver" shipping at amazon.com. Imagine my surprise when delivery confirmations were emailed to me and I discovered that in both cases the free shipping was via UPS.

For anyone doing a lot of online shopping I suggest using www.pricegrabber.com. You enter your zip code and search results are sorted by price with shipping included. I use it pretty often when buying electronics and CDs. If you do a lot of comparison shopping it's a godsend.
  6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You're not such a bad guy after all.
  7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I'm getting my wife a bowling ball with the name Homer printed on it. She can fucking deal with it.
  8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You better hope she doesn't take up bowling just to spite you.
  9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Fuck. Now I'm gonna murder the next smooth-talking Frenchman I see. As a warning to the rest of them.
  10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Guys named Jacques are never good news. That's a rule.
  11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Your name isn't Jacques, is it?
  12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Well, not my first name. ...
Draft saved Draft deleted