1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christmas music question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Nov 10, 2006.

?

Should I start playing my Christmas CDs?

1. Sure, go ahead

19.5%
  2. Wait till Thanksgiving

58.5%
  3. You listen to Christmas music? MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

22.0%
  1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I've been contemplating this for a couple of days, and I've thought about asking some experts.

Since I couldn't find any, I'd thought I'd resort to you -- the fine post-padders members of SportsJournalists.com to help me with this question.

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

This is a legitimate question that should be answered by those that listen to Christmas music.

3. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Freelance, the point is this ... if you like the music, whether it's Christmas or not, play it. I could listen to the Beach Boys Christmas CD in July, if that helps you.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

It's never too early for Christmas music.

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

On principle, I say wait 'til Thanksgiving.

I really hate the fact that -- while shopping at Target in mid-October -- I was looking for some Charlie Brown "Great Pumpkin" stuff and I found Charlie Brown Christmas stuff instead. Way too early for that shit.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Is it time for Christmas music already?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make it go away!!!!

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Same here. I was in Target about a week ago, looking for Great Pumpkin DVD and all I could find was the Christmas one, which I already had.

There's already a radio station around here that is playing Christmas music almost non stop right now. I say wait til Thanksgiving or even better, Dec. 1.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Buck, why do you continue to hate America? :D :D

9. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I'm not a big fan of it 24/7 before Thanksgiving, but A Christmas song can come up on my iTunes in August and I'll enjoy it like it's Christmas Eve...

10. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

No music, no decorations, no trees and no lights on the house before Dec. 1. And it all comes down Jan. 2.

Feel free to buy me Christmas presents any day of the year, however.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I love Christmas music, but wait until close to Thanksgiving. Otherwise you are a nerd.

12. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Nope, you're just a nerd anyway. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted