1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christmas music before Labor Day

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Stretch15, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Canuck Thanksgiving is Oct. 9.

2. On the plus side, this is the only Cracker Barrel anywhere that gives you free hurricane updates with every order!

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

True. I ring up their pecan logs and Slinky, then inform them that as of the 8 a.m. advisory, Ernesto was 90 miles south-southwest of Wilmington and could become a minimal hurricane before landfall in five hours, so avoid I-40.

4. Luckily, one of those pecan logs can feed a family of five for 15 years.

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

We started getting Halloween stuff in a week before the outing.

Christmas -- two weeks ago.

We had a Halloween/Harvest display up mid August. Christmas display? August 31.

We didn't want to put it out, but our stockroom is full already.

6. DyePack

DyePack New Member

At Sub Shack, you can get the 18-inch, six-meat sandwich, bacon cheddar cheese fries, a 40 oz. Mountain Dew and the sugar pecan log as part of the meal deal.

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

The only Christmas album I dare listen to any time of the year is one a few of my friends did about 15 years ago called Christmas Boo.

They did hilarious versions of Christmas songs imitating famous musicians. Best one is Public Enemy singing White Christmas.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Dye - It reads fine on my PC, so maybe it is just a shitty Mac thing.

9. part-timer

part-timer Member

Fortunately, there may just be one station this year as Sunny, one of the stations playing Christmas music, switched to a Spanish format. Unless they play Feliz Navidad all the time.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Angola ... I have a PC.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Screw all this stuff...when does Easter candy hit the shelves? I need me some Cadbury Cream Eggs!

12. No marshmallow Peeps for your, you know, peeps?

Draft saved Draft deleted