1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christmas Movies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cansportschick, Dec 3, 2007.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

True ... But do you know what was on the marquis of the theater in 'Back to the Future' and why that film was chosen?

2. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Bad(der) Santa. Unrated version. Keep the kiddies locked up.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Excellent flick. On the other side of the coin, I actually like Home Alone for the holidays.

4. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

My favorites:

A Christmas Story
    Mircale on 34th Street, original version not the 1994 remake piece of crap.
    A Christmas Carol, the 1951 version is the best.
    Christmas Vacation
    Scrooged is funny, too.

And in case you hate Christmas: Silent Night, Deadly Night!

5. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

I remember when this movie came out when I was a kid. I'd come come from school, start watching Happy Days reruns, and those sick bastards started showing commercials for that movie at 5 p.m.

6. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I coudn't tolerate this movie. It should have been banned from the theatres and dvd movie shelves. :mad:

Saw Shrek the Halls last night. I couldn't stop laughing, but then again, it could be my warped sense of humour....

Saw Corner Gas Christmas too and they had a Sears Wish Book. Hank and Brett played the game where you close your eyes, flip the pages and land on one page, and that would be the gift you would get. Then Lacey and blond chick (can't remember her name), flipped the pages while eyes shut and the page where they landed would be the guy they would end up with. Lacey got one with the mustache, yuck and other chick got hunk in boxers.... :p

Nice to see that I wasn't the only one playing those games with the Wish Book :D

7. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

In the off the beaten path category, I'll pull out the ol' VHS of "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians" every now and again. Ultra-cheesy special effects and it's like stepping back in time into the mid-60s.

8. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Wow, I was about to post it, but you got it first. Good underrated holiday film that Home Alone is.

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Happy Holidays!!!
    How come nobody's mentioned this greeting

Or this clip/movie

10. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I thought Shrek the Halls was cute, too. And Grinch was on afterwards last Friday so it was a great hour of TV.

Polar Express has quickly become a favorite with my niece.

I'm very old school and love all those movies, particularly Heat Miser and Cold Miser in Year Wthout a Santa Claus. And Rudolph.... "It's not very comfortable" when he puts the red nose on over his real nose cracks me up every time.

11. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Somebody was on good drugs when they came up with that idea.

And Bad Santa, yyyuuummm Lauren Graham.

Not a movie, but Mr. Robinson's Neighborhood's Christmas bit on SNL was good.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Don't know if you folks get this bit of great white trash TV down there, but this one ain't exactly family viewing. From the Globe's Christmas TV viewing column;

Trailer Park Boys X-mas

(Showcase, Dec. 24 at 9 p.m.) Bubbles and the boys gather for the Christmas bonfire in a heartwarming, profanity-laden special like no other.

Draft saved Draft deleted