1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christmas Movies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cansportschick, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

JR, I know how much you love this time of year. ;D

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I can't go the year without seeing this guy.

[​IMG]

EDIT: Sorry about the tripod link before ...

3. Cansportschick

Who is this supposed to be?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Tripod, the three-legged elf.

5. Can't argue with 'yab's list. He's got the right "Christmas Carol" for sure. I don't like "The Bishop's Wife" as much as some folks do, but I see the point. Laura Linney and her brother in Love Actually gets the room awfully dusty. I'll throw in a vote for "Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol" only because I like razzleberry dressing.

6. rallen13

rallen13 Member

It's A Wonderful Life
    A Charlie Brown Christmas
    Bells of St. Mary's
    Going My Way
    Miracle on 34th Street (1947 B/W)
    Christmas Story
    Christmas in Connecticutt
    White Christmas

7. Cansportschick

rallen, thank you for saying Bells of St.Mary's. The name of the movie was racking my brain for the longest time. Bing Crosby was great in this movie too.

8. rallen13

rallen13 Member

And along with Casablanca, possibly Bergman's best work.

9. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

As big a fan as I am old black-and-white movies, I can't say I ever had the patience to sit through "It's a Wonderful Life."

It may be twisted -- and perhaps even downright deranged -- that I take joy in action movies that take place during Christmas at this time of year.

The list:
    Die Hard 1 and 2
    Lethal Weapon (actually got this as a gift for Christmas in the eighth grade, too)
    The Long Kiss Good Night
    Kiss, Kiss Bang Bang

Oddly enough (or not), the latter three were written by Shane Black, who must have some really interesting (if not twisted and downright deranged) personal feelings about the holiday season.

And as annoying as it may be to many, I actually enjoy Home Alone. Go ahead, lay on the George Constanza jokes ...

And even though it isn't a movie, I can't let a holiday season go by without watching the "Mr. Plow" episode of the Simpsons at least twice.

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Tonight on ABCFamily Channel:
    7-8 p.m. Rudolph's Shiny New Year
    8-9 p.m. The Year Without Santa Claus
    9-10:30 p.m. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and the Island of Misfit Toys
    10:30 p.m. -? Nestor the Long-Eared Christmas Donkey

To check out the day-by-day schedule for ABCFamily's 25 Days of Christmas... go here:
    http://abcfamily.go.com/abcfamily/path/section_Specials+25-Days-of-Christmas/page_Schedule

11. Here's some serious nerdery for y'all.
    In It's A Wonderful Life, when George comes back to reality, and he's running through Bedford Falls, the movie -- "HELLO, MOVIE HOUSE!" -- playing in the local theater is....
    "The Bells Of St. Mary's."
    And you can look that up, too.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The Year Without Santa Claus is so awful it makes Rudolph look like Master-friggin-piece Theatre.

And if you can't sit through "It's A Wonderful Life," well, once Clarence hits the scene, it's all good.

Draft saved Draft deleted