1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christmas movies, the 2008 thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Dec 9, 2008.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Love 'It's a Wonderful Life.'

And can't forget another one of my faves: 'Home Alone.'

2. It's a wonderful life should top everyone's list of Christmas movies to see if you hadn't already. Christmas vacation has become the go-to movie, though.

3. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

Love Actually is outstanding.
    It's a Wonderful Life should be seen by all. For those who haven't seen it, it will seem extremely familiar, since its format has been copied by so many tv shows and movies since.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

A Very Brady Christmas. Brilliant. I am not joking about this.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I'm going to take a beating for this, I know, but... watched Charlie Brown last night after not having viewed it since I was a kid. Jesus, 23 kinds of suck wrapped up in 60 minutes. Crappy audio, crappy animation, jamming Jesus down your throat, pathetic stories poorly written. I suddenly remember why I haven't seen it in about 25 years.

Now, my Christmas must-view list:
    It's a Wonderful Life
    Miracle on 34th Street (original)
    Love Actually
    West Wing, first season Christmas show (Landingham: "I miss my boys" and Toby taking care of the homeless vet's funeral)
    Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Elf is hysterical and Scrooged is underrated.

7. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

FACT!

8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Oh, Scrooged. How could I forget. HAVE TO watch that end part ("Put A Little Love In Your Heart") every year.

9. The Alastair Sim "A Christmas Carol."

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Kiss Saves Santa.

Oh, wait ...

11. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

A few days ago I watched the 1961 film "Blast of Silence" (via a superb Criterion collection DVD) and after some consideration I think it is now my favorite Christmas film. It's a very beautiful and haunting piece about the lonely side of the holiday. I'm very surprised this isn't more well-known.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Bad Santa. Solid.

Draft saved Draft deleted