1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christmas movies, the 2008 thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Dec 9, 2008.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

My wife, on her blog, is counting down her 5 favorite Christmas movies.

http://cathylwood.wordpress.com/2008/12/08/christmas-music-and-movies/

Knowing her, it is not a list that will conclude with "A Christmas Story" at No. 1.

She is partial to, uh, "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation."

Any new thoughts on this topic since last year?

I completely missed "White Christmas" last season but caught it the first night of December this time around. And, again, I must point out that Danny Kaye is selling it just a little too much in that "Sisters" song with Der Bingle.

2. jps

jps Active Member

nothin wrong with a little lampoon. what's Christmas without a little side boob?

3. I saw "White Christmas" for the first time a week ago.

Can't believe I'd never seen it.

I wish I could still say that.

Had no idea it was so fucking horrible.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Of course, the movie "White Christmas" is not where the song "White Christmas" originated.

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

After the classic "Grinch" and "Charlie Brown" specials ... my favorite Christmas movie is: "Die Hard". :D

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

My dad always makes us watch Miracle on 34th Street.

A couple of years ago, my brother decided he was sick of watching the same old Christmas movies every year, so he declared Tombstone our new family Christmas movie and forced us to watch it.

I'm not sure what the movie is this year.

7. I like the way he thinks.

8. jps

jps Active Member

I'll be your huckleberry, gola.

9. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I still haven't seen It's a Wonderful Life. My family even OWNS it and every year I say I'm going to watch it and every year, it sits in its VHS cover and stares at me. I am actually going to watch it this year.

My new favorite Christmas movie is Love Actually though. One of the most solid casts I've ever seen.

10. Colton

Colton Active Member

"Christmas Vacation" turns the trick for me, followed closely by "A Christmas Story."

"Shitter's full!"

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

For me, it's all about Christmas Vacation. The rest are playing for second, and that includes A Christmas Story, which I love.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Absolutely.

Draft saved Draft deleted