1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christmas lists: not just for kids anymore.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Nov 15, 2012.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that'd bother you a lot more than it bothers me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Only if Nick Saban's name was blasphemed.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

"What's on Nick Saban's Wishlist?" would make a great gameshow.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

It's the same every year:

Two linebackers
    One fishing hat
    The blood of 14 virgins
    Two interior offensive linemen
    One assistant coach

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I'm a big fan of three-quarter sleeve shirts. They're very flattering on me. ;)

Dr. J tried something new last year. He had mom buy me everything that I wanted, and went off on his own and picked out stuff that he thought I'd like. He did a pretty good job and I'm doing the same for him this year. Hopefully he won't be like your mom.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I just threw about five things on my Amazon list so my mom will know what to buy Lil 93.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I've been told that I'm extremely hard to buy for, and it's probably true. I have very esoteric interests. People buying gifts for me generally demand a list.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I have an amazon wish list, but since the only people who shop for me are my parents, and they don't buy things online, it's probably worthless. :D

9. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

If I got that list, I would be THANKFUL, because I'd have about 35 options, one of which is a freaking tube of Blistex chapstick. Two dollars people. Or fake pearl and fake diamond earrings.

Yes, she put 97 things down on her list, but almost all of them were not only quite affordable but also clearly things that she wanted but wasn't going to be upset if she didn't get.

I'd rather get that list than "oh buy me whatever" or some list with three options all of which were way too expensive.

Does the girl seem annoying? Well, yeah. She's related to someone who sends emails to Deadspin, so that's just a given.

Draft saved Draft deleted