1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christmas lists: not just for kids anymore.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Which ex? You have to be clear about these things with so many options. It's like a Christmas list.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Screw 'em both. The 3.0 model sounds way better. And I haven't even heard which famous-chick-I've-seen-naked she most resembles.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Sure don't.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

My mom wants a list. "Some sweaters and cash" isn't cutting it this year, apparently. And she won't buy online. And they don't have all the same stores where she is that they have here. It's been a much larger undertaking than I expected or wanted.

That list is not bad. Can we all stop asking like 21-year-old girls are the same as a 40-year-old? At 21, that list is REALLY tame.

5. JackReacher

That list is like 35 items long. Thirty fucking five. And separated into categories. And as detailed as I've ever seen a Christmas list.

Sorry, but that's annoying to me. Especially for an adult.

6. imjustagirl

That's honestly the most detailed Christmas list you've ever seen? I'm not being sarcastic. I'm honestly asking.

7. JackReacher

Well, yeah. I mean, I don't see Christmas lists every day or anything. But yeah, it is.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Stop attacking Christmas, asshole!

9. imjustagirl

It's honestly not any more detailed than I sent my mom a couple years ago when she wanted an actual list. I had to send her links so she'd know what I wanted, and you have to give sizes.

If I said to my mom "A flat iron" she'd just buy me some $18 one from Walmart. Uh, no. Those things are shit and will break your hair.

10. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Perhaps someone should get her one of these:

[​IMG]

Chapter 10 would be especially helpful.

11. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

My mom also still asks for a list. From everyone. Me, my wife, my kids, my dad, my sister. It's like a list fest. In fact, I'm surprised she hasn't started hounding yet. And while mine doesn't come close to the length of this, the breakdown isn't shocking. Like mentioned a few times before, with my mom if it isn't detailed you are going to get something that's not even close, which counters the point of wasting time on such things.

12. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Chrome has an Amazon Wish List extension now. Let's you add anything you find on the intertoobz to your Wish List with a click, apparently.

Draft saved Draft deleted