1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christmas lists: not just for kids anymore.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

LoveRedacted.com is available, according to GoDaddy.com.

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I have read lists compiled by Bridezillas (I hate that term) for their bitchmaids that make this list look like something compiled for a quick trip to Rite-Aid. Maybe that's why I find it so "eh." At least she took the time to acknowledge that certain items were expensive and found substitute generic gifts. I appreciate that basic understanding of Christmas economics. She got a little detaily with the stupid flat iron, but really, this is nothing.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Do you keep a wish list on Amazon?

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I remember going into great detail on my Christmas list. When I was 12.

And yeah, maybe she was asked for it. The post on Deadspin makes it seem like she offers it up each year on her own, though.

6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

My family asks me every year what I want for Christmas/my birthday (they're less than a month apart) and I never have anything to say. I almost want to applaud this girl that she can come up with things.

I think it's better that she's specific (especially on things that require sizes) rather than being overly vague.

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I'm turnign 30 in three weeks and I find nothing wrong with this at all. Hell, two days ago I asked my parents and brother for their "greed lists". I even give them one for myself as requested. The underlined understanding is that at no point is everything or even anything on the list expected, but if they're wondering what to buy here are some things I need/would like. I always give a range from socks to whatever and leave it completely open to interpretation/surprise. Christmas has always been big with my family, it's the one time of the year when my mom and dad like to go all out. It has nothing to do, especially now and really since I was 14, with greed on my part, but my folks get a kick out of seeing a pile of presents under the tree and handing them out on Christmas morning. And thanks to these lists there are rarely returned gifts.

Her list is completely reasonable, just really poor taste in movies, music and Mitch Albom. The fact that just about everything on that list is under $80 and even for the more "expensive" gifts she gives cheaper options/alternatives is actually strangely refreshing.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You don't have an Amazon wish list?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Is an Amazon Wish List like an expected thing? I only had heard of it once or twice before this thread.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I imagine they're quite common.

Every Christmas gift my in-laws have bought me has come off mine. In fact, they're the only reason I've got one. They told me to make one years ago so they'd know exactly what I wanted.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Amazon with the Prime package is amazing. The amount of time I have saved running to stores or looking for gifts is immense.

I had to but a new lint trap for the dryer. In real life, it would have taken me multiple trips to multiple places. Now, five minutes on Prime and I have it two days later.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

My mom asks me, my brother, my wife, and my sister-in-law for a detailed Christmas list every year. I oblige. I'd prefer she didn't buy me anything at all, but she won't take "no" for an answer.

I'm 36.

Draft saved Draft deleted