1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christmas lists: not just for kids anymore.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Nov 15, 2012.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

God, this is awful.

http://deadspin.com/5960599/21+year+old-womans-endless-christmas-wish-list-will-make-you-want-to-punch-something?tag=shopspin#13530015879083&{"type":"iframeUpdated","height":1955}

2. JackReacher

That did jump out, yes.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

If they are stupid enough to buy that shit for her, why not keep asking.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

BTW, if someone doesn't immediately begin work on a screenplay called, "Love, [Redacted]" then I will lose my faith in humanity.

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

OK, I'll say it. Annoying, yes. Worthy of national ridicule? No.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I agree with TheSportsPredictor and Care Bear. Furthermore, do we have any reason to believe this is real?

7. JackReacher

Not really. Just the word of the person who sent it in.

Real or not, it's annoying yes, but also funny.

Also, would it shock anyone if this is indeed real? I sure hope not.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What if the girl in question was asked to compile that wish list by her parents or boyfriend or whoever? And, hell, her expensive items didn't even seem that outlandish.

9. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't get the outrage either.

10. JackReacher

Outrage might be a little strong. But I find it....concerning? weird? definitely annoying....that a 21-year-old A. Still develops a Xmas list and B. Makes it so goddamn detailed.

I mean, I can't remember the last time I had a Christmas wish list. Maybe when I was 15 or 16. Since then, the converstion has gone like this: [on the phone]...."What do you want for Christmas?" "Oh, I don't know. I could use this or that."

The post calls it "insufferable." I might not use that strong a word, but it's borderline insufferable.

11. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

My mom doesn't like to buy me anything that I have not specifically (and I mean specifically and in great detail) asked for/said I would like. Doesn't matter if it's big or small. She would LOVE a list like this. As someone upthread noted, what if she was asked to make that list?

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I've never compiled a Christmas list. I also have received mostly gift cards, checks and cash since I was 14. These things may be related.

Draft saved Draft deleted