1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christmas Gift Ideas

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bristol Whipped, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I told the GF to get me a pair of Levi's or a steamer that I can use to de-wrinkle clothes.
    What I really want is a new stereo and speakers for my truck, but that's too expensive to ask for.
    And an Eastman AR810-CE archtop guitar, but that is also too expensive to ask for.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Thanks, chipper. We've been looking for one on sale, and that's a Consumer Reports recommended buy.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

HC bought me that one for my birthday. It's my favourite toy

4. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Does anyone have any fitness items they'd recommend to be requested as gifts? I've been thinking about a heart-rate monitor or something else that I could easily take on the road with me when I travel and that isn't more than $100 or so... I'm just not sure the item I'd get the most use out of or what is most effective/useful.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

World peace. Either that or a gift certificate for books.

6. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Consider giving or asking for certificates for services instead of things. Spa treatments, housekeeping, landscaping, auto detailing, whatever. It will help the local economy and may help those in the service sector keep jobs.

7. The Granny

The Granny Guest

Give the gift that keeps on giving -- herpes.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

GRANNY'S BACK!

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My life is back to normal. Still sad, but normal.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'm going to give my brother "The Audacity of Hope" cd set if he doesn't already have it. The original Get Smart dvds were a big hit last year.

11. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Found a cool little website with gifts, the kind of stuff you're likely to find at Urban Outfitters: www.fredflare.com

Among my favorites was this little gem. I know what BYH is getting for Christmas!

http://www.fredflare.com/customer/product.php?productid=2267&cat=254#

[​IMG]

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

How 'bout one of those Garmin (or other brand) gps devices that track your pace, distance run, etc.?

Draft saved Draft deleted