1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christmas Gift Ideas

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bristol Whipped, Nov 10, 2008.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

In that case, I'll send you some cookies, and you can tell everybody you made them!

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Chocolate chip? ;) And thanks!
    The moment people notice they're edible, they'll also know I'm lying.

3. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

sc ... do cookies travel well? What's the best way to ship them? :)

4. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

If you don't know what you want, ask for a gift card to a store you like.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I didn't get any complaints last year. I bought those Martha Stewart boxes at Michaels. They come with some tissue paper and ribbons, etc. They look cute. Then I put those into a bigger box and packed tissue paper or styrofoam peanuts around them, and shipped them priority. I didn't have any really fancy iced ones though.

6. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I'm a big fan of Real Simple magazine's gift suggestions. December issue should hit racks soon, I'm psyched. They have great, offbeat gift ideas for everyone: parents, siblings, SOs, kids, neighbors, etc.

7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

My entire family, being all older than me and over 21, is either getting a bottle of wine from a Kentucky winery or a bottle of Bourbon (for my male cousin who will enjoy it more than the rest of my wine-sipping aged relatives).

As for myself, why should I tell my family what to get me for Christmas? They'll completely ignore it and get me what they think I want anyway. All I wanted for Christmas when I was younger was gift certificates to Barnes and Noble and my relatives insisted on giving me girly clothing that I almost never wore and hair supplies (like curling irons...when it was plainly obvious that I did not NEED a curling iron, I have plenty of curly hair already, thank you). I'll take gift certificates, especially to food places, and cash. That is what I need for Christmas and that's an actual need people, not something I want. I have to start repaying student loans in January. :(

8. Check out www.findgift.com

I got lots of good ideas from there, especially some personalized stuff. It also gives you discount codes for various sites.

9. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000UX9YJ0?ie=UTF8&tag=cargpsppc-20&linkCode=as2&camp=211189&creative=374929&creativeASIN=B000UX9YJ0

If your family member is interested in a GPS unit, this one is 50% off.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I just got an iPod touch for my birthday. It's amazing.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

The same thing happened to me last year. What a waste of a day.

12. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I have several "hard to buy for friends". I'm looking to get some of them the new Starbucks Gold Card for $25.00 which entitles them to a discount on their purchase.

I just got $100.00 worth of Starbucks gift cards for $80.00 at Costco.

Draft saved Draft deleted