1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christmas Gift Ideas

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bristol Whipped, Nov 10, 2008.

1. So have you got any? I know it's early, but not only do I need to buy gifts for family and friends, but I also need to come up with a Christmas list for myself to make gift-shopping a little easier on my family. The problem is I generally buy most everything I want, and it's only after Christmas that I notice all the stuff I should have asked for. So I'm asking the SportsJournalists.com nation for a little help - what should I be asking for for Christmas, and what are a few good ideas for friends and family?

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Wait a minute, we're supposed to tell you what you want for Christmas?

3. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Dang, I need to start posting things when I think them ... thought about this thread last night...

I've decided that since everyone needs a little hope in their lives this winter, I'm giving everyone a couple scratch tickets with whatever gift I end up giving them.

I'm very lucky this year that I'm going on a couple trips in December, so I'm going to gift-hunt for souvenirs that don't totally suck/collect dust.

4. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

You mean like those shirts at highway rest stops that just have city/state names on them? I can't imagine who'd buy/want a shirt with ALBANY slapped across the front.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Whips, chains, dildos and a book.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Mikey, keep your sexual fantasies out of this.

7. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

It might help if we knew your likes/dislikes, hobbies, preferences, fetishes ...
    We assume you have enough ESPN coffee mugs ;)

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Wait. This isn't like a virtual ride on Santa's lap?

My bad, folks. I'll keep waiting for that thread.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

My family's making all our presents this year, which means everybody's getting cookies!

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Active Member

Holiday shopping - done!
    (And SC, my best gift is a restoration, not something new. Can't make things for others ... no one with a functional brain cell would eat any cookie I made. :))

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

last year i gave a friend a lottery scratcher. he won $200.

Draft saved Draft deleted