1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christmas cards

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I love getting cards and believe it or not, I love Christmas letters. Maybe I'm lucky, though. My friends are good writers and have interesting lives. I send cards, but not as many as I used to (I'm not married, no kids and I do NOT send a photo.) So far, I've received only one card with an entire family photo and it was not the featured photo in the card.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I'm incredibly sexy, but Christmas is about the boy this year. The card will be all him, and that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. As any sexy father would be.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I wanted this to be our Xmas card, but I was outvoted.

4. Sir Sid

Sir Sid Member

No kids, so we sent out a pic of the dog.

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

The kid is only 2 months old...so he got the whole card. In the past, it was always a "family shot", meaning me, my wife and our dog(s), usually with some theme (Red Sox one year, us and the new house another, our black-market in Korea bought NFL jerseys in another (long story there)), and yes...a letter sent to relatives that are not facebook literate.

***UPDATE***
    Our publisher sent a card out to everyone and I got it today...he included what basically amounts to a eulogy for his dog that died this year. (It was actually a whole separate piece of paper added to the card).
    It's official, Christmas cards have jumped the shark for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted