1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christine Brennan on Erin Andrews

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by hondo, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Mediator

Mediator Member

Pearlman blogged it today (http://jeffpearlman.com/), I'm attributing.

And the worst sniping I've heard about Andrews has come, hands down, from male writers.

2. CRM

CRM Member

Brennan goes into the situation about Andrews in this radio interview.

<a href="http://www.850thebuzz.com/blog/?p=10575">850 The Buzz Interview</a>

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I think I've heard enough from her, thank you.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Might be one of the only times I agree with you. But hearing anything from Brennan is always too much.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. The only fair way to settle this: a Bra and Panty Tickle Fight.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

God knows, you'll never hear any sniping about a male writer or broadcaster on this board.

And as much as many male broadcasters might not want to think it - their appearance has as much to do with why they're on TV as anything else. The on-air guys might not think it because most of the hiring people are other men and the "sex" thing might not be out there. I'm trying to figure out who the heftiest Sportscenter regular is who isn't an ex-pro. It's also why you see more on-air guys investing in hairplugs
    I'm sure more of them would realize it if there were more blogs talking about how "hot" Neil Jackson or Stuart Scott is, with pictures of them out for a jog or hitting the weights or perhaps a cell phone shot or two from the locker room.

7. gutenberg

gutenberg Guest

Interesting that you who wasn't there for the conversation termed the male writer's dig to the woman "as sexist and condescending." Reveals more about you than you know.

None of us who were actually there found it that way. Perhaps you are God!

And not enamored with Ms. Andrews. She wouldn't know me by name though she has said hello when passing by on two occassions.

Just was reporting what I know firsthand: That I have heard national-caliber women say not-so-nice things about her.

You know, the same kind of things that male writers do about male writers with a higher status.

8. gutenberg

gutenberg Guest

Well said, DanOregon.

9. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

It's about anyone who thinks Erin Andrews is "classy" .... Huh?

10. Peytons place

Peytons place Member

I'm not God, I just read your post gutenburg. Yeah, you didn't sound enamored at all (which doesn't take actually knowing someone).

You said the female sportswriter was complaining about Andrews, and some male writer sniped that she sounded "envious." Doesn't take God to notice that comes off as condescending.

And you said she was a "big-time" sportswriter who was "jealous" because Andrews was 500 times better-known, wealthier and had more class (which I guess is subjective since you admitted you don't even know Andrews), and that comes off as sexist and condescending as well.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Who remembers when Andrews kissed Steve Slaton?

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

We shouldn't be playing to frat boys or 12-year-old girls. We should be playing to sports fans of reasonable intelligence.

Draft saved Draft deleted