1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christina Applegate Battling Breast Cancer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ifilus, Aug 3, 2008.

1. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Christina Applegate has been diagnosed with an early form of breast cancer, according to a statement released Saturday by the actress' rep.

"Benefitting from early detection through a doctor-ordered MRI, the cancer is not life threatening," publicist Ame Van Iden said. "Christina is following the recommended treatment of her doctors and will have a full recovery.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b21918_christina_applegate_battling_breast.html?sid=rss_topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

If there's one thing Bundys do better than anyone else, it's fight. She'll be OK.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Didn't her husband just die?

Shit, talk about a brutal fuckin year. Hope she gets well soon.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

boyfriend.

5. Jar of Flies

Jar of Flies Member

Heaven does not need Kelly Bundy yet.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Keep Pounding, Ms. Applegate.

7. I'll suck the cancer right out of her!

Naw, all the best to a beauty and one who seems more like us Joes than Hollywood a star.

8. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Oh Christina, there are literally thousands of other wpmen that I should be with instead, but I am 72 percent sure that I love you.

Get well soon

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Get well, Kelly Bundy.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I wonder if she'll receive treatment on Whore Island.

(I can only make that joke because it said it was caught early and is definitely not life-threatening.)

11. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I'm glad they caught it early. I'm guessing from the way they described it that it might be stage 0 cancer? If so, one of my good friends had hers caught at that stage.

I'm pretty sure she'll be a survivor. Coming from personal experience, those who are reach down for that reserve of courage and can fight it successfully.

12. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

And because you're a girl. If a guy had said it . . . yikes!

Draft saved Draft deleted