1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians are so mad at Starbucks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Nov 8, 2015.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc. (FOX)
    its a bit overvalued right now, but probably a good medium term investment.

Spartan Squad and Ace like this.
  2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

When did you leave the MMQB?

SpeedTchr likes this.
  3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

You couldn't be more wrong. That would be a perfectly fine question.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

When my son was four, we lived in a subdivision divided by two towns. On Christmas Eve, both towns have Santa make the rounds of the neighborhoods on fire trucks, stopping at a bunch of places along the way to greet kids. We had to arrange his coming and going just so in order for him not to wonder why Santa was on a red fire truck after he had just seen him in our street riding a yellow fire truck.

5. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Guess I know why they are mad...

6. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

The last one is kinda implicit if you're frequenting Starbucks.

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Everybody's missing the point.

Starbucks got rid of the sled, snowman, etc. because thanks to Global Warming, no one can enjoy those snow-based activities any more.

They should have made the cups all-black, to reflect the angst SUV-driving suburban moms and their teenage daughters feel about the environment as they wait in the Starbucks drive-through lane for their order.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Looks like it's covered in the blood of Christ to me.

Webster and SnarkShark like this.
  9. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

I'm always amused at all the outrage among the perpetually-aggrieved Christians over "keeping Christ in Christmas," when they don't realize that just about every single one of the "Christian" traditions of Christmas -- including when it's celebrated -- come from pagan celebrations of the winter solstice.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

"Keep the East in Easter" just doesn't test nearly as well with focus groups.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

They should try a plain, logo-free cup sometime, then the outrage will be from people who demand that status symbol on the side of their $4.62 latte. Heck, it would probably do wonders for their branded-mug sales.

12. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

You don't like Christians or Christianity. We get it, Dick. We got it the first hundred times you started an anti-Christian thread, which without fail follow the same pattern each time and follow the same script in terms of responses. When called on it, you go "WWHHAAA?" like an NFL player seemingly stunned for getting called for an obvious penalty. Doesn't this unhealthy obsession get a little old, even for you?

Draft saved Draft deleted