1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians are so mad at Starbucks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Nov 8, 2015.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

That's pretty standard where I live. Last year, I think Santa photos for our son cost us $45 for four wallets, four 4x6s and two keychains.

It ain't the "holidays" until everyone gets the opportunity to fuck you out of all your money.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

We've never done the Santa's lap thing. I think it puts the story at risk. We were, however, at a water park last year when the park Santa came to our table over breakfast. My son got really quiet and pensive, as he was convinced this was the real Santa.

3. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Upcoming threads from the DW Trolling Dept.TM:

Muslims are so mad at McDonald's

Jews are so mad at Urban Outfitters

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

How is this a "troll"?

5. franticscribe

Because once again you're attributing the views of a few Christians to the rest of us.

Christians aren't mad about Starbucks. A few nutcases are.

WriteThinking likes this.
  6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Thank goodness we don't use a broad brush like that with Muslims or anything.

7. franticscribe

I certainly don't, and think its just as dangerous - if not more so - with Islam to falsely attribute the beliefs of a minority to the whole.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I said "we." Wasn't singling you out.

9. franticscribe

I didn't take your meaning to be singling me out. I was just asserting that I personally try to be consistent on that point.

We should all push back when we see same thing being done to Muslims.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Did the exact same thing at the upscale mall in my town. Called the spaceship thing a "glacier." Huh? After a couple of days of the expected outrage, decided to bring the tree back.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I do think there is a certain segment -- an perhaps a news organization -- that loves this topic and tries to rile up poor, persecuted Christians any chance it gets.

It's funny that the biggest and most successful attack on Christmas has been by Christians themselves, who have made their holy day into this greed-infested marathon.

Bah, humbug!

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Hipsters around here moved on from Starbucks years ago for the plentiful indie shops.

Draft saved Draft deleted