1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian rock band does bait and switch with Iowa high school

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Where did you write that? In a magical invisible font? Because you originally floated a denial it was said at all.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Except for the Mooslims.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"I ordered this car in blue."

"We only have candy apple orange with a shifting platinum - plum overspray."

"But I have a receipt documenting your agreement to sell me a blue car."

"Stop your politically correct whining."

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

A more pertinent question than the semantics and outrage on behalf of the oppressed believers: Why in the world was a Christian rock band the headliner of a public-school assembly?

5. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

"You're intolerant of my intolerance!"

"Why don't you hate Muslims?"

"Alternative lifestyle"

"Politically correct"

"But blacks are religious too! Hate on them!"

I've got BINGO! BINGO!

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Because no one is more oppressed than white middle-class heterosexual Christians.

7. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Because these groups advertise themselves as non-religious feel-goodism, then turn on the bible-thumping jets when the adults leave the room. Shame on the school board for not doing their homework, and shame on these putzes for the bait-and-switch.

8. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I love how zagoshe ignores the fact that the band misrepresented their intentions (i.e., lied, which last time I checked is still a bad things for Christians). That doesn't play into things at all. Nope, they were a Christian rock band, so the school district shoulda known they were gonna talk about abortion and gays dieing at 42. Because, I mean, every time I've ever seen a Christian artist perform (and I've seen plenty, including DC Talk, Jars of Clay, and Michael W. Smith), they always spend more time talking about that stuff than they do performing.

The bottom line is the group was brought in to talk about bullying. They turned it into a pulpit for something else. They crossed a line and became bullies themselves. This isn't about their message. It's about their tactics to spread that message (which is a message of hate, not love, and not Christian, in this Christian's estimation).

9. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Only one group: white, upper-class heterosexual Christians. They're white Christian men, and they have money. Man, it sucks to be them.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Sustained hatemongering'll wear you out as quickly as anything. Ask (King of the Assholes) Lee Atwater . . . oh . . . wait . . .

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

If the age 42 thing is indeed true, I wonder how much of it is due to suicide that is at least partly attributable to hate-mongers like this band?

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"Here are your eggs."

"But I ordered pancakes."

"Stop oppressing me."

Draft saved Draft deleted