1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian fried Rice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Oggiedoggie, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I guess that she could have looked into the Church's stand on things before she converted.

From: http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2010/jul/30/anne-rice-quits-being-christian

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Maybe she will convert to Egg Jew Young.

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

That's right, I forgot where it says in John that thou must join the GOP. Down with the Dems!

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

She has a too narrow view of Christianity. There are lots of Christians who share her views.

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Hindu, Taoist, Mormon,
    Spill theirs just anywhere,
    But God loves those who treat their
    Semen with more care.

6. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Myanmar Shave?

7. Pilot

Pilot Active Member

What a stupid thing to announce. Who gives a freaking fuck?

I sometimes go to Sunday mass and sometimes don't. I'll be sure to put out a fucking press release every Saturday night so everyone knows.

8. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

"The Decision: Part II"

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

This.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

While that's true, she obviously disagrees with the CHURCH's official stance on subjects such as birth control, abortion and homosexuality. Nothing wrong with making a public protest out of that, even if she shares many of the same values as millions of regular Christians.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So you mean the CATHOLIC church's official stance? There is no umbrella CHRISTIAN church stance on such things.

12. Pilot

Pilot Active Member

That's another thing. She seems to have repeatedly said she's done being a "Christian", but that Christ still plays a central role in her life.

Not sure how that jives.

Draft saved Draft deleted