1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian Bale really is a superhero ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Sep 15, 2008.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

... He's about to save another franchise. Check out the teaser trailer for Terminator 4: Salvation.

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi3336306969/

After T3, I never thought I'd want to see another Terminator movie again. I was wrong. (PS - I'm pretty sure Arnold's leather face isn't in this one unless he makes some small cameo.)

2. Did he use his super strength when he allegedly smacked his wife and mother around?

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

If you're going to wreck a thread, read up on the subject first.

Bale is alleged to have verbally assaulted his mother and sister, though there don't seem to be allegations of a physical assault. He was never charged in the incident.

According to "sources close to Bale" he flew off the handle when his mother insulted his wife. He was also supposedly quite broken up about Ledger, with whom he had become very close, and was having a hard time dealing with him not being there for the big moment at the premiere.

Now, whether any of that is true, I don't know. But, then, no one else does either except Bale, his mother and his sister. So let's get back to how badass T4 is going to be, mmmkay?

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Let me get this straight. You're asking SportsJournalists.com not to threadjack?

Ha ha, OK.

5. T4 is going to suck donkey balls (much like this thread.) How's that?

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

You wouldn't even know Christian Bale is in that movie if they didn't flash his name during the trailer. It's a bunch of choppy cuts between explosions and a robot arm grabbing someone.

7. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Considering the movie doesn't come out for another year, I wouldn't imagine they'd have a lot of solid clips yet of the movie, even more considering Bale spent most of 2008 filming The Dark Knight.

I like Bale as an actor, and, even without Arnold, I think they can pull this movie off.

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

No Arnold, but a guy who played Arnold in a made-for-TV biopic – another Austria bodybuilder from the factory – will play the original Terminator.

At least, I think I read that someplace.

9. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

He was probably mistaken, and judging from your comment, he probably is, but I heard from someone that The Rock was going to play the Terminator.

10. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Bale spent the spring filming Public Enemies and then somehow jumped into Terminator while doing all the promotion for The Dark Knight, which was filmed last fall. Remember, Heath Ledger died in January, after he had finished all of his scenes.

11. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Actually, I just read a couple of days ago, that Arnold WILL be in it - sorta. Rumor is they are gonna try to CGI Arnie's face onto the guy playing the Terminator.

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/the-dark-knight-meets-mr-freeze-5357

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Leave me the fuck out of this.

Draft saved Draft deleted