1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chris Snow - New director of hockey operations for the Minnesota Wild

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jun 14, 2006.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

And thus the reason why Billick believes he is the smartest man in the room, every time he walks into a press conference, and probably always will.

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Not saying he doesn't ;) Just thought that was an interesting start for an NFL coach.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Oh, I'm quite sure Billick thought he was the smartest man in the room long before he earned a journalism degree. ;D

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Good call. In retrospect, there was a lot of unfair and unwarranted criticism disguised as jealousy thrown his way a couple years ago.

His work was (is) outstanding. As for not pissing anyone off at the Wild, I think Dooley might be wrong. Wasn't Snow the guy who got access to an NHLPA message board prior to the lockout and wrote some outstanding stuff off it?

Doesn't say much for the future of the business when one of the brightest talents in it is leaving before his 25th birthday.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Tex Schramm also was a sportswriter before getting involved with the Cowboys.

6. hpdrifter

hpdrifter Member

I'm more interested in how Mr. Snow will deal with the St. Paul and Minny beat writers. THAT could be weird.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

just goes to show -- anyone can manage the trap.

9. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

[

I don't even know Chris and have no ax to grind..the (off the record) information I presented came from two beat writers and two gentlemen in the BoSox organization. Just puttin it out there..
    WHA my friend (and yes, we both love it that the Stanley Cup is actually being fought over by a couple Avco Cuppers).....sounds like the above beat writers had been writing with "green" ink....

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And an article by Kent Youngblood from the Minn Star Tribune:

http://www.startribune.com/1330/story/492390.html

"Indeed, Lynn (assistant GM) acknowledged that much of what Snow will be doing amounts to something of an assistant general manager apprenticeship. That's how Lynn got into hockey management."

They're definitely taking a flyer on the kid. Good for them.

11. Bruhman

Bruhman Active Member

reverse snow....

rudy martke was general manager of the aba's st. louis spirits before becoming usat's tv sports columnist. don't know what gigs he had in between.

12. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

Martzke for a time was also PR director of the NBA's Buffalo Braves (shows you how long that's been)....

Draft saved Draft deleted