1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chris Snow jobbed

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Chest Rockwell, May 13, 2010.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Granted, I rarely, if ever, click the hockey threads on this board, but I don't think I've seen a Chris Snow mention on this board in at least a few years.

2. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sir,

Vice versa. He can get a job easier in journalism than he can in hockey (at least at the NHL level, with the possible exception of a media-relations or website deal). He doesn't really have clips to show GMs for a scouting job.

o-<

3. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

I know Bob Snow, Chris' dad, really well -- as fine a gentleman as you'll ever meet -- and I know Chris a little bit, but well enough to know the apple didn't land far from the tree ... he'll be fine ... he won't be moving back with Mom and Dad anytime soon, unless he brings his bride with him ... she, by the way, covers the Twins for St. Paul PP (I think) ...

4. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Why would anyone think he wouldn't be fine?

Frankly, he's had charmed careers so far, in both fields.

He strikes me as the kind of person who always will be able to do virtually whatever he wants to do.

5. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr Thinking,

I hope he wants to do journalism, then. He is in deep if he thinks he's going to get a director of hockey ops or AGM or something from anybody other than Doug Risebrough. I don't know how charmed it is when you get whacked from your first job in a new field. Most of the hockey ops guys--those in equivalent positions as Snow--have been in their organizations for a long stretch and/or are thoroughly connected hockey lifers. There's very little turn-over in that stream--some guys going from one organization to another with better offers and promotions. There are a few guys who didn't play hockey at a high level and graduated up the ranks from organization joe-jobs to positions with clout--and they pulled it off after ten or 15 years or slogging. Snow came in with something close to a corner office. He'll have to go backward for a hope of going forward again.

FWIW When Chuck F put his personnel list last fall for the league-wide internal directory--not for the media but for other hockey guys--Snow's name didn't make it. Just letting his contract wind down.

o-<

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Unavailable for comment.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

A licky boom boom down.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted