1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chris Simms has spleen removed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Kritter47, Sep 25, 2006.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

10 bucks says Mizzou can't finish a game with a ruptured spleen ... and that's with Mizzou sitting on press row the whole time.

2. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

We're all stupider for having read this post.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

My old man had to have his spleen removed in high school after he was sandwiched by two blitzing defenders while trying to get a pass off. His high school coach, one of those old, bitter, military tough guys, told him to suck it up and get back in the game. Oddly, this did happen in Podunk, USA, in the 1960s, so I guess I'm fairly lucky. If he doesn't make it, there's no such thing as me. As it is, he's got a big ass scar down the left side of belly.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

He ain't quittin.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Yes, Simms should have let Cadillac Williams remove his damaged spleen on the sideline, or even in the huddle, then come back to lead Tampa to the victory.

6. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Agreed. Most of us wouldn't finish writing a story with a ruptured spleen, much less finish an NFL game. Guy's obviously tough as nails.

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Jim McMahon once had a lacerated kidney during a game. That sounds painful.

8. Dude

Dude Active Member

So I guess when people say Simms is gutless, they really mean it now.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Simms gets phone-number points, for guts.

Yet . . . Oklahoma will be happy to line up against him, at any time.

As for Daddy? I've seen him treat hard-trying service people like shit. Talk about an ego.

10. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

If most of you had to endure a gynecological exam, you'd pass out. It's not pleasant and not for the faint of heart.

Poor analogy.

Just sayin'.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

da man, I don't NEED to hold off. I'm not stupid enough to make such a comment without having some knowledge of Bruce Gradkowski.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Pitt fans are still having nightmares about the guy. :)

I like Gradkowski, but no way is he ready to be a starting quarterback in the NFL

Draft saved Draft deleted