1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chris Rock on SNL last night

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Just watching it on TiVo now ... Rock opens with a skit about whether he should vote for a white woman or a black man for president.

"Everybody loves white women except white women. White women make up the majority of the country and they've had a right to vote for over a 100 years and still they never elected a white woman president ... What are you b_ches waiting for?"

"For those doubters out there who keep asking me is America ready for a black president, I say 'Why not? We just had a retarded one."

He's schilling for his next movie but it was kinda funny.

Anyone else see it?

2. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

Elaine looked terrific throughout the show last night. except in the oprah sketch.

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

SNL is still on? Good for them.

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I watched the first 30 minutes. Mentioned the "retarded president" comment to Doc when he got home. I thought it was one of the funniest parts of the 30 minutes I watched, although, I did think the Oprah segment was pretty funny.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

i saw it. rock rocked. not many laughs beyond that. but julia louis-dreyfus indeed looked very hot throughout. 8)

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Rock's funny but his humor is pretty dumb somtimes, exhibiting a lack of knowledge. For example, he has a routine where he said if anyone wants to get away with murder, all they have to do is kill a rapper. His point is that the murders of Tupac and Biggie Smalls haven't been solved, and the cops don't care.
    Yet, every investigator and state's attorney in both cases say they can't solve them because they can't get any witnesses to testify. Something about a street code about not talking to the cops. Rock should know that, if he has an ounce of street cred.

7. Clever username

He could be, you know, joking. Fucktard.

8. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

I agree. She's looking extra hot these days.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Julia Louis-Dreyfus is like the cute tomboy who shows up at senior prom showing off a body we never knew she had.

Seriously, it's like we all woke up one day and went "Holy fuck. Julia Louis-Dreyfus is hot."

How did we miss it all these years?

10. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

The last few seasons of Seinfeld, Elaine was pretty hot. As soon as she changed her hair and wardrobe, I knew I would tag that.

11. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

I think it was because she never had a chance to get really sexed-up on Seinfeld (other than the infamous ketchup bottle incident with Russell, of course). But she is aging quite well--someone showed me a pic of her from Friday's USA Today (they did a full profile on her, complete with a giant pic). Yowza.

12. Clever username

It was all about her hair. That late 80s, early 90s rats nest did absolutely nothing for her. As it would do nothing for any woman, but still.

Draft saved Draft deleted