1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chris O'Donnell: What the hell happened to his career?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jun 20, 2008.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I was reading Men's Vouge magazine at the gym this morning and saw a piece of O'Donnell. Didn't know he had four kids running around.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Which piece? Arm? Leg? Right foot in a runner's shoe? :D

3. Flash

Flash Guest

Chris O'Donnell is really a dog?

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Chris O'Donnell was a limited actor who had his moment. Hollywood promotes these guys too fast - they're declared the next big thing before they've done anything at all. Eric Bana and Josh Hartnett come to mind here.

5. Why I am picturing an auction where O'Donnell is the prize and the women (and gay men) of SportsJournalists.com are bidding with how many times they'd sleep with him on an average day.
    "Oh yeah? We'll I'll bang you five times on Sunday, plus give you two BJs [one to wake you up and one put you to sleep] and go ATM."
    "You win."

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Shoot, DC, you took the words right out of my mouth.

7. It must have been while he was kissing you ...

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

so. fucking. solid.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

Meatloaf, eh? Hmmm ...

10. So sad it's true ...

11. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Hartnett's success blows my mind, I have never seen him in a role that he excelled in.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've seen Scent of a Woman a couple times since it first came out and O'Donnell comes across as a decent guy, an "it boy" if you will, but he always seems to play a character who doesn't move the needle much one way or another. That Scent was his first big role and he went toe to toe (well, not really) with Pacino had as much to do with him getting bigger (but not better) roles in the following years. There are at least 10 actors who you would try and get for a role before you take a Chris O'Donnell. Matt Damon, DiCaprio, Mark Wahlberg, Jake Gyhlenhall, Toby McGuire... O'Donnell's fine, but he's like vanilla pudding, a younger Bill Pullman.

Draft saved Draft deleted