1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chris Matthews Needs A Drool Towel STAT!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Aug 13, 2007.

1. I swear, he's coming unglued.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200708120002?src=clip200708120002

"Come a little closer"?
    At least O'Reilly restricts his stalking-and-wanking to his private time.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

WTF is up with him?

I seriously wonder if anyone here is going to try and defend him, especially after reading the transcript.

3. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Incredibly awkward...why haven't these guys learned from the other wankers who go down in flames pulling this crap?

4. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

She should have asked Chris for a show of hands.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Seemed pretty harmless to me.

6. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Professionally weak and foolish. Personally insulting. In a physical sense, yes, harmless. But if he ever shows up in front of her, a quick knee to the groin would not be out of order.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Matthews reminds me of Gary the Ticket Guy in Bachelor Party or the one kid with the weird hair in "Heaven Help Us" who kept getting in trouble.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Not sure that I agree, and not because it's Matthews. Say that to a co-worker, especially the way he did, and that'll cross most company lines for sexual harassment. It's also rather unprofessional to do that on the air.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

It's unprofessional, but I know I've heard Matthews say things like this before.

One of many ways in which he creeps me out.

10. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Matthews is a really weird guy. I've tried to watch his show, and I just can't. He's all over the place and seems to have put virtually no thought into much of his commentary or the organization of the show. The guy starts guest segments at 5:58 when the show ends at 6. As for these comments, there should be some sort of action taken but I doubt there will be.

11. Beyond creepy.

12. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

He's a creepy fucker. He gets big-boy crushes on Republican men (hearing him drool over W., Mitt and Fred Thompson is kind of nauseating), basically calls Hillary a bitch and awkwardly flirts with this reporter.
    Of course, he's the sort of "Washington insider" who I think should be banished from the airwaves post haste, so I'm a little biased.

Draft saved Draft deleted