1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chris Matthews just retired on the air

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jake from State Farm, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Beat me to it.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Olbermann said in 2017 he could not keep going because it was ruining his health and life. Either that's true or the powers that be have got something on him.

His feed has become a joke, pissing matches with Peter Gammons/other baseball writers and pet adoption announcements.

As Geo. Noory once said of Art Bell: "He's winding down, folks."

3. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

The more I think about it I think MSNBC will move the Nicolle Wallace show to 7 and put somebody like Kasie Hunt at 4

4. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

They're not "pet adoption announcements."
    Keith is doing a great community service by using his twitter feed to advocate for dogs about to be killed by Animal Care Centers of NYC. He posts descriptions and pics of dogs at risk and kind people then pledge $$ -- even $5 is huge -- so that a no-kill rescue will save the dog, get it into foster or adoption.
    Because of Keith's twitter feed, thousands of dogs have been saved. (And an aside: it's insane that NYC taxpayer money funds these kill shelters in Brooklyn, Manhattan and Staten Island. Because of Keith's advocacy, politicians are trying to change this.)
    So yeah, Keith quit politics and turned his energy into something useful and fulfilling. That's hardly a joke, my friend.

Why Keith Olbermann Pivoted From Politics to Rescue Pups

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Murrow never hid from the enormity of his own times. Nor did Cronkite.

I love all dogs and cats and would save every one if I could.
    Unfollowed him not out of exasperation but because his tweets were a drag.
    This mudball is sad enough on a daily basis without seeing panicked tweets that a setter has 12 hours to live.

6. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted