1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chris Low to ESPN.com

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by sportshack06, Sep 28, 2007.

1. sportshack06

sportshack06 Member

Chris' run at Tennessee's Rivals site was short lived.

Headed to the WWL.com site to cover the SEC.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Great fucking hire... I know there are a lot of good ones, but Low is one of the best college writers around...

3. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

I guess I missed the story, but I can undertand going to espn.com from the Tennesseean, but from the Vols beat to Rivals?

Whatever. The Tennessean was one of the papers I had bookmarked just to read his stuff. Nice addition to espn.com. (Damn, how many good people have they hired lately?)

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Trying to keep up with Yahoo.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

Considering how much attention Forde and Schlabach, as well as Maisel, pay the SEC, what else is there for Low to address that they aren't covering?

6. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

My understanding is the WWL wants a writer covering all the major conferences, blogging etc., year round.

7. He went from the Tennessean to the UT Rivals site, volquest.com, for more money and more freedom.

Not like he was eating Spam and Ramen for the past few months...

8. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Ya know, the guy did break Spurrier coming to South Carolina from his living room in Knoxville. Yeah, good hire for ESPN.

The WWL just got one of the best college reporters in the country.

9. Bill_Bradley

Bill_Bradley Member

Chris is one of the best beat writers I have EVER worked with. I still can't believe how often he broke news going against big odds (5 reporters to 1) covering UT for the Tennessean in K-ville. And, yes, despite a crowded backfield, he will find ways to break news at ESPN.com. That's a given.

Draft saved Draft deleted