1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chris Leak's Wonderlic

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pringle, Feb 26, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Mine is 37, so no. We aren't. We aren't emphasizing it enough...

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Put me in the "can the guy play football?" camp. The combine is a multi-day CYA exercise for scouts and GMs.

3. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Maybe the test benched his older brother, so he got mad and didn't care about it and switched his commitment to a new test.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Sorry, I prefer my quarterbacks to be smart and talented. Like for, example, knowing sometimes not to throw the pill 60 yards downfield into triple coverage.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Hey now, that's not fair. Neither of those guys could throw 60 yards.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Was kinda my point...

8. Bucknutty

Bucknutty Member

For what it's worth, Bernie Kosar holds the NFL record for most consecutive passes thrown without an interception, and boasts the second-lowest interception ratio on NFL history. He double-majored and graduated early from college. He knew when not to throw the pill 60 yards downfield into triple coverage.

9. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

Sounds like an amazing oral sex technique doesn't it?

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

And for the 1,000th time, could someone please explain to me what is so shocking about the shocker?

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You forgot to type that in the sarcasm font.

12. Diego Marquez

Diego Marquez Member

Seems like everyone is in agreement that this exercise with the No. 2 pencil is a waste. Wanna see how a "football player" does on a standardized test? Make the running back take the exam while running off tackle. Make a quarterback drop back, look downfield and answer question No. 22. These athletes do not need any of the information on the Wonderlic to succeed in the profession which could earn them millions. Reading the progressions in an offense is not remotely close to reading the progressions in a list of numbers. Unless there is a blitzing linebacker involved in both.

Draft saved Draft deleted