1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chris Leak's Wonderlic

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pringle, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

If it weren't for the combine we'd have never been tipped off to the hall of fame career of Mike Mamula. Oh.........

2. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

I wonder what kind of scores we'd see if the test was administered to the Cincinnati Bengals squad. Is it possible to score negative points?

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Wouldn't that be a 1101?

4. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

As opposed to QBs like Leak and Vince?

5. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

6. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Some guys don't test well.
    All this emphasis on the draft is silly. It's a crapshoot. There are smart football people who really thought Ryan Leaf would be a solid pro. There are smart football people who didn't think much of Tom Brady. Teams obsess so much over the draft, they end up getting their heads stuck up their own asses.
    One team ought to blow off the combine and just scout guys based on game film and interviews...see how the guy played in big games, against solid competition. Then talk to the guy and make sure he's not a thug, a head case or an idiot. I bet you a team doing that would draft no worse than anybody else.

7. I still think Leak is going to be a much better NFL QB than anybody thinks. The kid reminds me a lot of Tom Brady.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Lacoste is the name of the brand, and It's a lot better than anything Izod will ever produce. The Lacoste Crocodile, for that it is, has been a fashion icon since the clothing house first began.

9. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Maybe Leak didn't test well because he thought he was going to be replaced by Tim Tebow at various times during the exam.

10. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

The detail they left out was that Leak's score was 8 out of 12 and is from last year's pro day at UF, according to the website nfldraftcountdown.com - sort of a significant omission.

11. Wonderlic

Wonderlic Member

Never! ;D

Or to catch the pill. Or to eat 30 pills.

[​IMG]

12. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Have you seen the questions on the test? Nothing to do with ability to break down defenses or evaluate several options in a matter of seconds. All you need is guys with football intelligence, I could care less about their ability on a standardized test.

Draft saved Draft deleted