1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chris Kluwe Explains Gay Marriage

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JC, Sep 7, 2012.

1. As The Crow Flies

As The Crow Flies Active Member

Um, not sure if you're just being funny at this point, but I'm pretty sure Burns is black.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

So the consensus is that except for all the parts that were ignorant and juvenile, it was fantastic. Am I getting that right?

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I think the consensus is we've had enough of white Republican Southerners running the country.

4. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

The language is fairly juvenile, yes, to be sure, but it poses the question that those against gay marriage can never satisfactorily answer.

5. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Thought it was great...hilarious stuff. Kluwe's language is no more childish and/or obscene than the original letter.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Can you provide me with five columns on Vikings punters so I can break down this issue further?

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Mitch Berger is Canadian, so his opinions don't matter.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Get out of here! You're telling me an African-American, Democrat, elected official is this homophobic?

That can't be.

Why would he possibly think this way?

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

You know, punters only play when the offense quits.

10. As The Crow Flies

As The Crow Flies Active Member

Ah - now the deadpan becomes crystal clear. I thought that's what you were going for, but sometimes I'm dense.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The responses to YF are pure gold.

And Kluwe's response shouldn't surprise anyone, as punters are just gay quarterbacks.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I think the funniest line of the letter is the postscript, when Kluwe suggests he's an "NFL player."

Draft saved Draft deleted