1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chris Kluwe Explains Gay Marriage

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JC, Sep 7, 2012.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And the Baltimore Brass supports Ayanbadejo. Good on them.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/07/ayanbadejo-responds-to-politician-who-wanted-to-silence-him/

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

WWRLD?

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

These Republican elected officials keep embarrassing themselves.

I hope this doesn't reflect poorly on Romney.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I'm guessing he'd get a few friends to murder Emmett C. Burns, then help dispose of the body.

5. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

I mean, I think you know this but I can't tell for sure without the blue font, but for anyone who doesn't read the story, Burns is a democrat.

6. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

I kind of agree with this, but the First Amendment thing isn't so black and white. It's an interesting example. It would be an interesting debate.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Oh, he's a Dem?

Well, some of these white, Southern Dems are just as racist & homophobic as any Republican. It's why Obama has such a hart time connecting with them.

8. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

First Amendment issue aside, that was a fantastic response.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Blue font is passé.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Perhaps on a purely legalistic stance, Mr. Burns was not violating anyone's 1st Amendment rights because he nor the Govt. was not specifically infringing on anyone's right to free speech. He was merely asking a private citizen to do it, which is not a First Amendment violation since private actors can do whatever they want, usually.

But Kluwe was right in that why is a govt. official trying to influence how someone else views their employees' speech?

Call it juvenile, whatever, at least he took a stance. Too many people have been letting things slide in our country; basic freedoms, providing of basic services. Enough.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Questionable legal understanding and politics aside, that was fantastic. I'm now a fan of some punter I didn't know existed until this afternoon.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Conservatives will be lined up at the Ravens team shop to buy Ayanbadejo jerseys in support of free speech!

Draft saved Draft deleted