1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chris Jones on Jason Whitlock

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I understand the Wiley reference. I don't understand the Whitlock reference. If you want to take a shot at a guy, there's no shortage of actual Whitlock material to analyze. Why drag him into the (utterly ridiculous) Pearlman thing?

And as for the thread Boom linked above....Jones and Whitlock aside, it should be a case study for Psychotic Episodes 101.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Asian transvestite hooker?

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I've already bookmarked Jones's blog. It is, to say, fantastic.

Surprised to see it took him this long for a shot at Whitlock, who is, as always, a very deserving target.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Whitlock has cited Wiley as a hero and role model many times.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Absolutely love this:

"Well, here’s the stone-cold truth, kids: Jason Whitlock has no soul. He’s neither a good reporter nor a good writer. He’s a bloviator who’s somehow carved out a niche for himself as a kind of anti-establishment figure by making references to The Wire and pretending he’s the second coming of Ralph Wiley, when Ralph Wiley would be fucking mortified to be associated with Whitlock’s brand of self-serving buffoonery."

6. Did anyone read the comments?
    I think one is from a former poster/posters of SportsJournalists.com who has his own messeboard.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Can't be him. No mention of helmets or mac and cheese/cream corn buffet

8. VJ

VJ Member

I kind of hate that part. Unless Jones talked to Wiley and knew how he felt about Whitlock, I hate seeing the unsourced opinions of dead people. It's like having a dead celebrity appear in a commercial for a company they never endorsed.

9. The commenter right below his mentions his "little messageboard."

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Damn, I gotta get that blue font looked at

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I guess Jones never read Whitlock's beautiful tribute to his friend and mentor - Ralph Wiley:

http://books.google.com/books?id=uSEpjUH7DNIC&pg=PA31&lpg=PA31&dq=jason+whitlock+%28ralph+wiley%29&source=bl&ots=2JyhJoB6ab&sig=aLnx1664QS30xE3zQnKtTADp1HY&hl=en&ei=oRs-Tdb7CIa8lQe2n-HnBg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CCEQ6AEwATgK#v=onepage&q=jason%20whitlock%20%28ralph%20wiley%29&f=false

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Whitlock ready to go full Marlo:

http://twitter.com/#!/WhitlockJason/status/29704242956599297

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.