1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chris Brown = Ike Turner?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by farmerjerome, Feb 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drip

Drip Active Member

Then allow him to speak for himself hockeybeat. I'm sure men of all races have called women other names as well. Perhaps he wasn't trying to make it into a stereotype. It came across that way.
    Just sayin.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I'd actually rather go Ike Turner on your ass, but sometimes name calling will have to do.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Are you daft, man? Spnited made that statement. He's the quote:

Let's be honest. You were looking to pick a fight and this thread gave you that opportunity.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

Yeah, ok. If I knew your neighborhood, I would gladly give you that opportunity. Until then, I guess you will have to settle with going Ike Turner on your computer screen.
    You are very comical.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

Picking a fight on a computer screen? That was not my intention. I just pointed out a stereotype that perhaps he wasn't aware of, that's all.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Yeah. Sure. Right. Tell me another one.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

What's to tell?

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

And you guys are letting him pick a fight, instead of just ignoring his asinine comments and allowing them to serve as evidence of his stupidity.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

What you are doing is the same thing that everyone else is, giving an opinion.
    What is asinine is that you come on here and chastise me for giving an opinion while at the same time making a nasty remark.
    There's nothing wrong with having a difference of opinions but the name calling.... damn I guess I'm stupid because I'm responding to your insult.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

To both Drip and spnited,

My separation of him as a singer and not a rapper is in no way a defense of him. It was based SOLELY on old_tony's first post in which he said he performs in a genre which regularly refers to women as bitches and hos.

Which, in o_t's world, generally means rap. I wanted to make sure he knew that Chris Brown is a.) not a rapper and b.) not someone whose songs have ever devolved to that.

There is no defense for what he allegedly did. Please do not put words in my mouth.

Thank you.

11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Somewhere, a beaten Kevin Nealon weeps.

12. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Miranda Lambert has
    to say

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.