1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chris Brown = Ike Turner?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by farmerjerome, Feb 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drip

Drip Active Member

No, I'm that sensative enough to know that that word is a word referred to African American women. Don Imus made sure of that stereotype and I felt that your use of it was that way.
    Perhaps you were trying to be funny. I just didn't find it amusing. And if I felt that way, I'm sure there were others who may have been thinking along the same line.
    Just saying.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Oh for fuck's sakes.

3. Indeed.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Consider the source, guys.

He is that stupid.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I guess you're going to have to wait to get his side, right Drip.
    Domestic abuse seems to be ok with you.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

Spin it this wayspinite. You were that stupid to make the inital insensative stereotypical sentence.
    Now, you're trying to make yourself appear that you're the victim. The posts speak for themselves.
    You said your peace. I said mine. It should be a done deal. Why are you trying to create more into it by trying to spin doctor?

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Because it's not time to fuck his neighbor lady in the ass, yet?

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

Because it's not time to troll?

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Drip believes it's ok to beat the shit out of women. It's not like everybody didn't know you were a piece of shit but I guess this thread just confirms that.

10. Then why are you here?

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Jesus-H.-Tap-Dancing-Christ-On-The-Motherfucking-Cross. Spnited, who does not need me to speak for him, was not making an "insensitive stereotypical" statement. He was sarcastically noting that the word bitch has been used in myriad rap and R&B songs.

Also, I'm pretty sure that men of all races have called women a "bitch" or "bitches."

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

J.C.: Name calling again?
    The Good Doctor: I ask the same question of you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.