1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chris Brown = Ike Turner?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by farmerjerome, Feb 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I ask again, we're really going to go down this hypothetical road based on the unsubstantiated shit Drip is throwing against the wall?

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

I just related the word on the street. I don't know if its true or not.
    But it does raise a question. If that happened, could you say in all honesty, that you would not react violently?

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

So, as OOP said, it's unsubstantiated.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Bullshit. You either posted an unsubstatiated rumor to stir shit up or you made it up yourself for the same purposes. For some reason, you have tried more than once to excuse Chris Brown's behavior. Maybe you just like playing Devil's Advocate. Maybe you're just out to pick fights out of a desperate need for attention. It really doesn't matter why.

Scroll back up and read the description of the beating. Shoved her face against the window. Then punched her repeatedly until she was bleeding in her mouth. Threatened to kill her more than once.

I have seen nothing on this thread that would justify doing that, not even the unfounded crap you accused her of (which I'm not going to dignify by repeating). And yes, by posting it, I do believe you are making an accusation, even if you don't have the guts to stand by it.

Perhaps what you should be doing rather than wasting time with hypotheticals and the word on the street is looking inside and trying to figure out why you feel the need to justify a man beating up a woman badly enough that she went to the hospital.

I admit. I come at this with my own biases, but at least I know what they are and why they are there. Please come back when you actually have facts or something useful to offer rather than innuendo that you can't back up.

Sorry all. Rant over.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I'm sure you don't have to worry about it since I sincerely doubt you get much non paid action and I doubt you'd be able to find the hooker that gave it to you.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

Outofplace. Get a clue. It's a rumor that was told to me by a couple of younger people who are more in tuned to reality than ranting on a message board. If it's not true, then it's not true. But why are you getting worked up over someone you don't know and will never know in life? Your bias makes your rant sound stupid.
    JC, getting action is the least of my worries. I'm doing pretty well and hopefully you are too in that department.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Christ.
    "Word on the street."

Enough. When something else of substance happens, let's start a new thread and hope it doesn't get polluted.
    In the meantime, this is done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.